First Tee – Prairies offers financial assistance to families on a need basis. Our goal, as a community, is to ensure every kid has a place to learn, have fun, and cultivate friendships. If your family is eligible, you will have the option to apply for financial assistance during the online registration process.
- Applications must be submitted during registration (prior to the program’s start date).
- All approvals will be determined by First Tee – Prairies and are subject to local demands and budgets.
- Applications must indicate your family meets the financial criteria outlined in Revenue Canada’s LICO chart and/or is experiencing financial hardship.
- First Tee – Prairies MAY request additional proof of financial need including:
- A clear, legible, and current copy of pages 1 and 2 of your Canada Child Benefit (statement).
- An endorsement letter written by a third party community professional (i.e. doctor, social worker, teacher, lawyer, etc.) outlining the current barriers impacting your family from registering. Endorsement letters must be on professional/official letterhead.
Who is eligible for financial assistance?
Eligible groups include:
- Low income families, as determined by specific financial criteria per Revenue Canada’s Low-Income Cut-Offs (LICO) chart, are eligible for available financial assistance.
- Families with extenuating circumstances impacting them from registering for First Tee programs.
How to read LICO chart:
- Refer to size of family unit (includes yourself, spouse/common-law partner if applicable, and any dependent children) in the first column.
- Match your family size row to the row that aligns with the population of your community (city).
- If your after tax household income is less than this number, you are eligible for available financial assistance.
How do I apply for financial assistance?
- Login to the registration portal and select the program you wish to register your child for.
- During checkout, you will be asked if you would like to apply for financial assistance. Click “Yes” if you would like to apply.
- You will then be prompted to enter information regarding your household and financial status.
- Complete the checkout process to submit your application for financial assistance. Note: You will not be required to submit payment at this time; however, your child is not officially registered for the program yet.
- First Tee – Prairies will review your application within 3-5 business days and approve or deny the request for financial assistance, or request additional information outlined in the Funding Details section below.
- You will receive notice of the decision via email with a link to complete the registration. You will have 48 hours to do so. Note: If your financial assistance application is approved, you will see the financial aid applied in the payment summary.